Applicants for Georgia Coordinator Sought
Job Description: State Organizer
Organization: Take Back Action Fund
Contacts: John Pudner 404.606.3163 or email@example.com, Lars Weichmann 803.747.2472 or firstname.lastname@example.org, Justin Hill 334.329.7258 or email@example.com
Take Back Action Fund, a national, non-partisan 501(c)4 of former GOP campaign operatives seeking fiscally responsible political reforms including an initiative in Georgia to save money and stop tampering in elections by funding candidates purely as "spoilers" to change the results of elections.
Job Description: We are seeking an experienced, highly motivated grassroots organizer to help lead our state operation in Georgia. The ideal candidate is hard-working and detail-oriented with an ability to hit metrics-based goals and build relationships with local and state office holders and conservative organizations. Coordinate with the National Field Director, a lobbyist and other personnel and follow-up with leads from a telemarketing effort.
- Engage opinion leaders and community activists on behalf of an issue.
- Build a relationship with voters in targeted legislative districts and engage with them about the issue to expand the reach and build support for its passage in the legislature.
- Organize community “meet and greets” and town halls.
- Recruit leaders/activists to attend and speak on behalf of the issue at events, town halls, and legislative meetings.
- Ensure field tactics are appropriately employed to meet goals
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry
- Complete daily and weekly reports on progress-to-goal for all metrics
- Provide helpful and accurate feedback for program evaluation
- Represent the organization with utmost professionalism and ethical conduct
- Travel within the state will be required
Qualifications: At least 1 year or 1 cycle working on political or issue-based campaigns
- Field-organizing experience
- Candidate must have a car and valid driver’s license
- Proven ability to work in a team-oriented workplace environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Competence with contemporary computer software and social media platforms
- Familiarity with Georgia politics and the legislative process
- Ability to work in and adapt to a fast-moving, campaign-style environment
- Able to digest information about new issues quickly
- Must be able to work on feet for long periods of time
- Must be comfortable and confident in talking to new people
- Canvass and phone banking experience is a plus but not necessary